SLC SWIM SCHOOL SUMMER 2020
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS ON HOW WE WILL OPERATE SAFELY DURING COVID-19
At Sylvestrian Leisure Centre, the health and safety of both your children and our staff is paramount. In line with Government guidelines, we have put in place stringent measures to ensure your children can enjoy swimming lessons with us in a safe environment.
Here is how we will keep your children safe if they return to swimming lessons during Summer 2020:
PERSONAL HYGIENE AND CLEANING
- We will have a good supply of antibacterial hand sanitiser on arrival and in every poolside area. Soap will be readily available in all toilets. Both children and staff will be asked to use hand sanitiser on entering and exiting the Centre.
- There will be enhanced cleaning regimes in place across the Leisure Centre, particularly on poolside and in changing facilities. Changing rooms are cleaned at each turnover of use.
- Lesson equipment will be regularly disinfected with a cleaning rota in place. Surfaces will be cleaned before and after use, and touchpoints regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- All staff will wear gloves and face masks when administering first aid, and additional gloves and face masks will be available to all staff should they be required.
- Parents will be requested to wear masks in the changing room area.
- In line with guidance from the Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG), we will be maintaining chlorine disinfectant levels which comply with regulations and is proven to disinfect pathogens, including viruses such as COVID-19.
- In line with social distancing requirements, we have reduced class numbers to ensure that it is not too busy.
- We have introduced a one-way system and clear signage will be in place to indicate entry/exit to the pool.
- Social distancing must be observed on poolside, in observation areas and throughout change-over of lessons.
- We ask that children attend lessons ‘pool ready’ with their swimwear already on. After the lesson, we request that parents do not congregate on poolside and that you exit via the changing facilities as quickly as possible.
- There will be markers in place in the changing rooms to assist with social distancing requirements. We ask that shower your child(ren) at home.
- We will ensure that when parents arrive, we adhere to the government guidelines on social distancing, ensuring there is 2 metres between everyone. We request that just one parent attends site.
- For our main pool lessons, teachers will teach from poolside. Our risk assessment has determined that it is safer and more productive for a teacher to be in the water for our teaching pool classes.
- In-water teachers will teach from a ‘side on’ stance so they are not directly facing the children. Alternatively, woggles will be used to maintain social distancing.
- Lessons will be structured so activities can be completed whilst social distancing is maintained.
- If your child(ren) or anyone in your household begin to show any of the following symptoms, please do not attend your swimming lesson.
- High temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to their sense of smell or taste
- At the time of booking, parents will be asked to declare that both they and their child(ren) have not been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 and if they have, that they have self-isolated for 14 days.
- All staff will need to complete a health declaration confirming that they have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 within the last 14 days. Staff will complete this health declaration on a bi-weekly basis.
When are you re-opening your Swim School?
We are planning to re-open our Swim School for Summer Crash Courses on Monday 27th July 2020. Bookings will open on Monday 20th July at 08:30am. Where possible, please book online at www.sylvestrian-leisure.co.uk.
Are you allowed to open Swim School under current guidance?
The Government announced on 10th July that Leisure Centres and indoor swimming pools are able to open on Saturday 25th July, and we are following government and industry guidance:
We will continue to follow government guidance on a daily basis and will update our policies and risk assessments accordingly. Should guidance change over the course of the summer holidays, whereby we are not able to operate, we will update all our parents as soon as possible and automatically credit the full value of the booking to use until September 2021.
What are you doing when you re-open to ensure everyone’s safety?
We have introduced the following measures to keep everyone safe during Swim School this summer:
- Reduced class numbers
- Clearly visible social distancing signage
- Gloves and face masks available for our teams
- Hand sanitiser stations across the site
- One way systems to control flow of customers
- Enhanced cleaning routines
- COVID-19 training for all our staff
- Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed on site and those falling ill on site will be isolated immediately
What happens to my payment if my child cannot attend due to COVID-19?
If your child is unable to attend due to COVID-19 relating factors, we will credit any missed lessons of your booking to use until September 2021. However, under the circumstances, we are offering additional flexibility with regards to our refund policy, so please contact the Leisure Centre Manager to discuss your circumstances.
What happens to my payment if I have booked but now you have to close the week that I booked for?
We will be in touch to look at moving your booking to a later date when we are operating or to offer a credit note to use until September 2021. Please bear with us as we will need to contact all customers who have been affected.
What happens if I have credit for missed lessons from the last Swim Term?
A credit will be applied to your account for any missed lessons and we will adjust future payments. If you are booking a crash course over the Summer with us, then we will use your credit against those lessons.
What do customers need to do?
- Do not come to your lesson if your child(ren) or anyone in your household shows symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change of smell or taste).
- Arrive ‘pool ready’ with your child’s swimwear already on underneath their clothes. Please assist your child with hat and goggles if required.
- Follow our directional signage and observe social distancing rules.
- Shower at home before you arrive and when you get home.
- One parent to attend only please.
Will lessons be returning as normal in September 2020?
Currently, we are working on September’s lesson programme, but in line with current guidance, the programme will most likely be operating with reduced class sizes and fewer classes. We will be in touch with all customers once we have further information.
What if I have a question which is not covered?
Please email us at enquiries-leisure.co.uk if you have any questions or concerns, and we will be happy to assist.
SWIM LESSON RISK ASSESSMENTS:
Updated 28th July 2020. Review date 10th August 2020.